Volume from a Flat Iron?

Hi Guys and Dolls. I know I said I’d have some more information on the flat iron, but really any information about tourmaline flat irons can be found on google, yahoo, dogpile, bing, whatever your search engine of choice is :), and more information on this one in particular can be found at Beautychoice.com.  I’m sorry I’m not providing some additional info for your guys, but really I’m no expert, so i’d need to do quite a bit of research, and I just started a new job, so I’m really tired. I know it sounds like excuses, but cut me some slack on this one, eh?

OK, the mousse: Fat Hair by Samy ( I got it at Target)

The Flat Iron was sent to be by Beautychoice.com. but this is less a review of of that flat iron and more of a demo of how to get volume and straightness/shape in one step. I do think this is a great flatiron, and the skull print of it makes me excited to do my hair, LOL! anyway, you all always ask for pictures/multiple angles of my hair, so here you go my darlings:

Thanks for checking out my blog 🙂 I have more stuff coming up soon! the videos have been a bit slow lately, but it should be picking up (no less than 2 a week) soon!!!!!

PS, since you’re going to ask anyway, I got a seasonal Job at Sephora 🙂

Cora (vintageortacky)

14 Comments

1. Kat
    November 27, 2009 / 9:46 pm

OMG That’s the exact style and color combo I had two years ago! It’s so bitchin! It looks super awesome on you…better you than me anyways lol. I can’t rock red for the life of me! Simply gorgeous!

• vintageortacky
      November 27, 2009 / 11:03 pm

I’m sure you could rock it, you just need to find your perfect red 🙂

• Kat
        November 27, 2009 / 11:39 pm

Awww thanks for the vote of confidence!

2. Emily
    November 27, 2009 / 10:30 pm

Cora, what do you use to film your videos?

• vintageortacky
      November 27, 2009 / 11:03 pm

Check the FAQ out here on the blog 🙂 It’s upstairs and I don’t have in memorized

3. Honeybumblebee
    November 30, 2009 / 8:33 am

I adore your hair! I am trying to grow my the same and the sides are driving me NUTS. Any advise on what to do in the “growing out” stage? Especially now that the holidays are here and crappy hair is not what I need right now 🙂
    Thanks!

• vintageortacky
      December 1, 2009 / 8:00 pm

Growing your hair out is always a little painful! In fact, I’m so sick to death of it, I’m getting it cut tomorrow! Try playing with it, coming up with new styles, change your part around, or my personal fave: HEAD BANDS AND HATS! When I’m at work/somewhere I need to look cute, I wear a cute head band!

4. Rosa
    December 1, 2009 / 6:17 pm

Love your site!
    I’m curious, what color nail polish are you wearing in this hair tutorial?
    I am looking for a matte grey color (no glitter, not silver, etc). I need help. Yours looks like what I want except it looks like it has a top coat. Any suggestions.

• vintageortacky
      December 1, 2009 / 8:02 pm

The Grey Polish is have is Revvvolution from Color Club and it is not a matte Grey, in fact it has holographic Shimmer in it! But it more lights, it looks like a grey creme polish, it’s weird/cool 🙂

5. December 8, 2009 / 6:14 am

I have had my steam mop for about 3 months, I have the steam cleaner modeland I have to say i wish i had waited and gotten another model.

6. Beth
    January 31, 2010 / 8:33 am

Hey!

I watched your vid on this on YouTube.
    I’ve got a question though; how hot did you put your straighteners to createt his hairstyle?

Thanks!

• vintageortacky
      January 31, 2010 / 12:36 pm

The flat iron I have doesn’t have a heat setting 🙁

7. Heather
    June 30, 2010 / 12:58 pm

Hi Cora, I love your videos. I recently bought my first flat iron and wanted to watch this video again, but I can’t find it on your channel. Has it been taken down? Thanks!

8. Raquel
    February 24, 2011 / 2:01 pm

Did you dye your hair yourself in these pics? The cut I will assume you got done at a salon?