Sailor Neptune

Hey Guys and Dolls!

Here’s my Sailor Neptune look!  Geez, I only started this Sailor Moon series what? over a year ago?  I’ve talked about this before, but just a recap of what order the rest of the videos in the series will be (in my opinion, the best is yet to come):

Sailor Uranus

Sailor Saturn

Sailor Earth (Tuxedo Mask)

Sailor Moon

After this I’ll need another background series like this, any ideas?

Pictures from the tutorial:

Here’s come alternate versions I did:

What I used:

Face:

MUFE HD Pimer

MUFE HD Foundation in #110

MUFE HD Mirco Finish Powder

Cheeks:

Ben Nye Contour 1

MAC On a Mission Beauty Powder Blush ( Clinique Smoldering Plum is similar)

MAC Moonriver Blush (highlight dupe with Hard Candy Honeymoon blush)

Eyes:

UDPP (primer of choice)

Sugarpill Midori (Medium green)

NYX Cool Blue (matte sky blue)

Sugarpill Tako (matte white)

MAC Aquavert (dupe with BFTE’s Mint or Appletini)

Sugarpill Royal Sugar (Royal Blue with turquoise shimmer)

MAC Haunting (pastel turquoise)

Lorac Front of the Line Pro eyeliner

DiorShow Extase

Urban Decay Binge 24/7 Liner

Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Liner

Lips:

Skittles smacker lipbalm

MAC Viva Glam Gaga

Milani 3D Gitzy Gloss in Fashion Diva

Cora (vintageortacky)

28 Comments

1. Erin
    March 13, 2010 / 3:25 am

For other series you could do the Zodiac or elements (earth, air, fire, water, ect ect.). 7 heavenly virtues or sins. Four horsemen of the apocalypse (famine, war, strife and I can’t remember the last.) I think that an abstract take on these concepts with make up would be pretty cool

2. Kimberly Ruffin
    March 13, 2010 / 3:32 am

cool blog!

3. BadAzzKelana
    March 13, 2010 / 3:35 am

Or….you could do pokemon!!! Now THATS a series that can go on and on and on and on and on and on….etc.

4. Tonya
    March 13, 2010 / 7:57 am

I’d love to see a series on some of the women of urban fantasy.

• vintageortacky
      March 13, 2010 / 1:40 pm

please elaborate 🙂

• Tory
        May 16, 2012 / 3:28 pm

wow! I love how well you blended the Royal Sugar and the Midori i really like that look on you and im kind of jealous of the shape of your eyes what i mean is that your truly beautiful!

5. March 13, 2010 / 11:07 am

WOW those colors make your eyes look even more amazing!

6. March 13, 2010 / 6:05 pm

I took one look at this and thought “Sugarpill must be involved” 😀

• vintageortacky
      March 21, 2010 / 3:36 pm

hahha, Sugarpill was my partner in crime!

7. Alexis
    March 13, 2010 / 8:57 pm

Ahhhhh I love this so much!!! Whatever happened to your old Sailor Uranus video? Just curious.

• vintageortacky
      March 21, 2010 / 3:37 pm

I never did it. they’re all in planetary order moving back to the sun now 🙂

8. VainGlorySinner
    March 15, 2010 / 11:14 am

Hi Cora.

I agree with Erin 100% on the Zodiac idea. Or maybe Chinese new year animals? xx

9. March 16, 2010 / 2:44 pm

I love this series! Very original, I hadn’t seen any like this. It’d be great if a picture of each sailor was included! Love how intense the colours are. XO

• vintageortacky
      March 21, 2010 / 3:37 pm

I used to do that I just forgot this time around. I’ll get right on it!

10. March 16, 2010 / 5:25 pm

this is insannnnnnne! that blue stole my heart <3

hmmm I think like zodiac and disney and things all get done too much.

saying that….super heroes never go a miss.
    I would DIE if someone did a watchmen series!

Maybe thats just a little too nerdy of a dream tho? haha

11. sarah
    March 17, 2010 / 9:43 pm

I would absolutely love love LOVE it if you would do a Harry Potter series 😀 but that’s just my opinon 🙂

12. March 20, 2010 / 4:07 pm

WOW!! I LOVE your eyes! That is so sweet! I wish I was that talented. I know you listed what you used but noway could I do that! That super cool! Your blog it awesome!

13. Krystal
    March 27, 2010 / 6:56 pm

Amy (Shrinkle) just tweeted this post and introduced me to your blog. Love the look and it works great with your hair, which I’m totally enthralled by. 😛 Love “out there” hair colors. 😀

14. April 4, 2010 / 4:40 pm

This is amazing!!

15. Kristen
    April 16, 2010 / 7:02 pm

Wow i love this look! how about for your next series you do your favorite video game characters or favorite TV show.

16. April 25, 2010 / 8:35 pm

This is going to sound super dorky, but I have always wanted makeup themed by the Valier. Or the Queens of the Valar, from The Silmarillion.

A makeup loving nerds dream……..

17. krystal legend
    October 19, 2010 / 1:19 pm

umm, not to burst your bubble, but once you finish these charectors you still have pegasus, super sailor moon, super sailer mini moon , eternal sailor moon, neo queen serenity,king endymion, moonlight knight, sailor iron mouse, the amazon trio, the amazon quartet, queen nehelenia, galaxia, the sailor starlights, mistress 9, the three lights, sailor chibi chibi and kousagi from paralel sailor moon. you stll have a lot of charectors to go my dear.

18. nikkekie dourmomz
    January 10, 2011 / 1:43 pm

yo u ugly bitch dat all i de sayin.

19. Jilliterate
    February 19, 2011 / 1:36 am

Bit of a necropost, but it feels more appropriate to mention it here rather than on a random Youtube video. If I had to nominate a theme, it would have to be the new My Little Pony cartoon, Friendship is Magic. I know that sounds insane, but I’m not joking. It’s a pretty decent kid’s show that has accumulated a massive adult fanbase (Most of the episodes are on youtube). The colours are intense and bright (Hey, it’s My Little Pony), and the moment I saw the show, I thought about how I’d love to see you do a makeup interpretation of each of the main characters. Here’s hoping!

20. Valentina
    March 15, 2011 / 7:33 pm

Hello there!
    I was just wondering.. where you got your eye makeup from?

21. Silverwings1986
    April 1, 2011 / 4:33 pm

Have you thought of doing the Starlights Seiya, Taiki, and Yaten from season 5 of Sailor Moon?

Also, have you seen the anime Fruits Basket? It’s a nice comedy the surrounds a cursed family who, when hugged by the opposite sex or when their bodies get weak, turn into the twelve animals of the Chinese Zodiac, plus the cat. That may be a good idea.

22. June 21, 2012 / 7:59 am

Can you please help this make-up newbie. How is it that you’re cleaning your brushes between colors?