BATWING!

Hi Guys and Dolls!

For my first tutorial with my new camera  I knew I had to do something special. I was a little iffy about doing a mask or something way over the top because I’m still adjusting to the new set up/camera/settings etc. Then I remembered I’d never shown you guys (and dolls) Batwing liner! Throw in some new eyeshadow palettes from Wet ‘n’ Wild & MAC and this look was born!

With eyes open it looks like traditional, if thick, winged eyeliner.

With eyes closed, it’s the Batwing express! Fun, Flirty, and Unexpected!

This look would be extra hot with false lashes!

I do want to let you guys know that this was shot with my new camera a Canon Rebel t2i, but not in HD- so if the video is AMAZING it’s because I didn’t have a class 6 (or higher) SD card, so I could only film at the lowest setting, 640×480, same as my old camera. Thankfully the pictures look much better than my old camera, and I just bought a proper card for filming 🙂

Products used:

Eyes:

Urban Decay Primer Potion (eyeshadow primer or choice)

MAC Fig 1 eyeshadow (E25 brush, crease to brow bone)- matte deep plum

Wet ‘n’ Wild Brulee eyeshadow (E50 brush, brow highlight)- matte cream

E.L.F Eyesahdow Transformer Palette, Orange Highlight color (E50 Brush, Brown Highlight)

Wet ‘n’ Wild -Shimmery Butter Yellow (E50, Brown highlight; not Shown in video)

Wet ‘n’ Wild Olive Green from Comfort Zone Palette, (E55, all lover lower lid)- Light Olive-Chartruese

Wet  ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone Palette- Shimmery black-brown (E25deep crease)

MAC Valiant Quad(Wonder Woman Collection) Diana Undercover eyeshadow (E55, outer- lover lid below crease)- matte forest green

MAC Valiant Quad (Wonder Woman Collection)Valiant eyeshadow (E55, Center of lower lid, blended toward the tear duct)

Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone Palette- Mushroom-gold (MAC 228 Brush)

Physician’s Formula Eye Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in 1- Ultra Black

Urban Decay Zero 24/7 liner

Physican’s Formula Shimmer Strips  retractable eyeliner pencil for Green eyes, Purple (Lower lashline)

Wet ‘n’ Wild Petal Pusher Palette- Shimmery Deep Purple- (Sonia Kashuk eyeliner smudging brush, patted over the PF purple liner)

MAC Haute & Naughty Mascara

Cheeks:

MAC Sculpt Sculpting powder

MAC Mighty Aphrodite Blush from the Wonder Woman Collection

Lips:

Stila Plum Fairy Lipglaze

Thanks for stopping by!

-Cora

Disclosure:

The products used were  purchased by me, with the exception of the Sigma brushes which were sent for consideration. I also am a Sigma affiliate, so I make a small commission when items are purchased though my affiliate link. Do not feel pressured to buy Sigma brushes because of this.  Anyone can sign up to be a sigma affiliate, and if you would like to purchase Sigma brushes, here’s my link:

This video contains opinions that are solely my own; I am not influenced by, nor do I represent any company.

All Products shown are cruelty-free (not tested on animals) to the best of my knowledge. I strive to buy only-cruelty free, but I don’t judge those who cannot. I know that not everyone can has the ability put their money where their heart is, but I do my best to only show cruelty-free options, and to let you know if something I use is not cruelty free.

Cora (vintageortacky)

32 Comments

1. cnccaseynicole
    February 23, 2011 / 7:40 pm

Wow! I am *SO* going to use this this Saturday!!! This is a great little surprise! Thanks!

• vintageortacky
      February 23, 2011 / 8:13 pm

Glad you like it, let us know how it turns out!

2. February 23, 2011 / 7:43 pm

Love it! These colors are awesome on you and the wing looks great. I still can’t get my liner to cooperate consistently. I’ll be on a roll for like a week and then like WHAM it’s as though I’ve never seen an eyeliner before in my life.

• vintageortacky
      February 23, 2011 / 8:14 pm

I have times like that too. Liner on other people- I’ve got it. On myself, I have occasional issues!

3. SatelliteDreamer
    February 23, 2011 / 7:54 pm

I love this!!!

I actually do this shape a lot, because I have sort of hooded eyes. I can’t wait to see how you do it, because mine’s not nearly so sharp looking.

Also, can’t wait to watch on your new camera (the same camera I’ve been wanting for a while! Time to trade in my rebel xt)

• vintageortacky
      February 23, 2011 / 8:15 pm

I have slightly hooded eyes especially on the outer corner! I love heavy/kind of cartoonish liner, but with such shallow lid space it looks kinda goofy. This is the perfect kind of liner for us!

4. Vicki N. Hammons
    February 23, 2011 / 8:03 pm

This look is beautiful and with my favorite colors!!! I’ve been trying to find those palettes but my Walgreens don’t have them yet! But I’m on a mission! LOL Awesome job, Miss Lady!

5. ShanCPants
    February 23, 2011 / 8:40 pm

Oh Geez!!! I can NOT wait to get this little bit of gorgeous on my eyes!! I am near swooning!!

6. Mary Hickcox
    February 23, 2011 / 8:41 pm

Your eyes are just gorgeous!!! I have to practice so my eyes can look like yours!!

7. Rachel
    February 23, 2011 / 9:07 pm

Love this look and can’t wait to try it out. Those colors look so amazing together.

8. February 23, 2011 / 10:22 pm

The colour combination is gorgeous! This eyeliner shape will begreat for my eyes too, I do a less dramatic version for day wear. I have troublesome eyes that refuse to play ball sometimes. That’s the downside to having smaller eyes :(. Love this look though!

9. maryhickcox
    February 23, 2011 / 10:43 pm

Great look!!

10. Jane Pryor (janieforever on youtube)
    February 23, 2011 / 11:11 pm

Love this Cora! I will be trying it soon!

11. Carolina
    February 24, 2011 / 5:59 am

I really like this look, two of my absolut fav eyeshadow colours, purple and green! 😉 Loks awesome!..and as usuall your hair looks great! Keep it up, you rock!

12. Valene
    February 24, 2011 / 10:25 am

The pics with the new camera really rock. Nice to see you starting to get the hang of it. It’s definitely a bit of a learning curb, I can only imagine with the filming bit. Love the look!

• Valene
      February 24, 2011 / 10:26 am

I mean….learning CURVE. Stupid fingers, don’t just type whatever words you want. Bahaha.

13. Courtney
    February 24, 2011 / 5:27 pm

Question..

Can ANY OLE shadow be used wet??

Thanks

..xo

14. Jess
    February 28, 2011 / 10:42 am

I just want to say your awesome!!!!! 😀 really you are. i love your tutorials and you have an amazing personality, your nice, & funny which make your videos even better. Theres other you tubers that have good videos but are stuck up, cockky or really ditsy and like OMG! (lol) But any way i really enjoy watching your videos. You are the bestest ever!!! I wish you the best.

15. Aikaterine
    March 3, 2011 / 5:32 pm

Beauty as always! Wow the Wet N Wilds have some great pigmentation from the looks of it. :O

16. March 5, 2011 / 2:53 pm

The entire time I was watching this, I was think Batgirl colors. Seriously.

17. March 24, 2011 / 12:58 pm

These colors put together are super gorgeous!!

18. Sammy
    March 27, 2011 / 9:47 pm

Thumbs up on this 🙂

Could you possilby do more looks with the Wet N’ Wild palettes? Specifically the comfort zone one.

19. March 29, 2011 / 10:58 am

Such a beautifull eyes and that collor makes them even more beautifully. Nicely done with your post.Thanks.

20. March 29, 2011 / 11:00 am

Great job.Keep going.Thanks for this post.

21. Rosa
    April 8, 2011 / 11:40 pm

Did you wet your brush with water, or was it something else?

• vintageortacky
      April 9, 2011 / 1:03 am

I used Fix + by MAC (I think)

22. Mirka
    April 10, 2011 / 12:44 pm

Which shade from MAC could be used instead of the olive green shade you used on your eyelids( wet’n’wild pallete) ? Swimmining, seems to me a bit too yellowish and no sparkle… and bio green has been out of stock in UK for a while. Will go round the shops with the photo looking for the right shade…

You are doing a great job! Love it!
    ps I left the same message on youtube… wasn’t sure where you go more often. Also loooooove the shamrock with false eyelashes!

• vintageortacky
      April 10, 2011 / 4:28 pm

hm, perhaps Golden Olive Pigment and Humid Eyeshadow mixed?

• Mirka
        April 12, 2011 / 9:06 am

Had a go with the golden olive. Would say it’s close enough I will need to practice a bit as I tend to go over the top with the fig and browns in the crease. The batwing is a bit of a challenge! It’s turning me into a goth instead of sexy sultry rockchick.;)

23. April 17, 2011 / 3:29 pm

I love it. It is so me I am a very colorful person. I need looks like this man lol

24. Kali
    April 18, 2011 / 1:55 pm

I’ve been following you on youtube for a while now, but I feel like I should finally drop this comment here to let you know how awesome I think you are.

Being a plus size girl, I could never find a way to express my individuality through my looks, but then I found your channel and it really inspired me. Since watching your tutorials, I’ve gained a lot more confidence in myself and my appearance.

I just wanted to say thank you for that. =)

• Mirka