Disclosure: Lipsticks PR for review. All opinions expressed are my own.
I’m sort of a lipstick hoarder; I generally prefer it to lipgloss. So when I heard Milani was revamping their lipstick line I was pretty excited, but also a little on the fence. I first fell in love with Milani Lipstick back in 2007, but I didn’t much care for reboot they did a few years ago. Milani has again revamped, reformulated and relaunched their lipstick line and it is incredible, maybe the best lipstick at the drugstore. Seriously. I’ve had these for several months and after a lot of testing and let’s be honest, a bit of a lipstick love affair, I can confidently say they are among my favorite lipsticks of all time. I even gave them prime real estate front & center in my lipstick drawer.
Today I’m sharing the Plum/Mauve/Purple shades with you.
- Their lipstick is now called Color Statement, it comes in a shiny mirrored tube with a section at the bottom that shows the color.
- The finishes for this lipstick are divided into:Vinyl, Cream, Matte, Pearl, Shimmer and Metallic.
- The Smell: Milani has done away with the strong floral smell and gone with a toned down watermelon. It’s sweet when you sniff it, but not obnoxious or noticeable when worn.
- Other notes: The Lipsticks are $5.49 on the Milani Website and are a bargain at that.
- In addition to the Milani Site they’re also sold at mass market retailers (Target, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens etc) near you!
- The Color Payoff: Smooth even, opaque color. Just when you think their lipsticks are already top-notch they improve upon them. In the video review below I compared last year’s Red Label with the new one: The new version has an improved color payoff and depth.
- Texture: Holy Cow! Smooth, slightly hydrating depending on the finish. Again, I thought they has a good thing going on before, but I can say this is a luxury lipstick for cheap!
- The Price: At just $5.49 a tube, it’s like
- Available at mass retailers so they’re easy to find
- The colors & names are on the bottom of the tube so it’s easy to select a color. I also like the square shape.
- Extensive color selection
- Milani is Cruelty Free and the Lipsticks are made in the USA!
- Ok, so I’m not in love with the shiny gold tubes. They aren’t offensive, just a little tacky looking & they hold fingerprints.
- Milani and be difficult/impossible to get in other countries.
How I Feel About It: AMAZING, maybe the best lipstick at the drugstore. I’ve had these for several months and after all this time I can confidently say they are among my favorite lipsticks of all time. I even gave them prime real estate front & center in my lipstick drawer. Try them if you’ve ever wanted a luxury lipstick but don’t want to fork over $15+
IF YOU WERE MY BEST FRIEND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO YOU ^_^
Plumrose, Raspberry Rush, Uptown Mauve, Sangria, Chilled Brandy, Black Cherry, Violet Volt
Plumrose Opaque Creamy Deep mauve pink. The texture and color payoff reminds me of MAC Amplified Cream Lipstick- perfection. Fully lip-scar coverage. DUPE LIST- This is similar to Both MAC Captive and Amourous: It’s warmer than Amourous and lighter than Captive. Makes my eyes crazy deep blue.
Raspberry Rush Medium payoff bright frosted Fuchsia with a violet flash. Sheer over my lip-scar. Almost identical to my hair color!
Uptown Mauve Creamy, Opaque texture and color payoff. Full lip-scar coverage. DUPE LIST: Brighter, Lighter and more pink compared to MAC Rebel and Wet ‘n’ Wild 908 Sugar Plum Fairy. Redder and more vivid compared to MAC’s Spitfire.
Sangria Hey Bartender, can I get a refill on my Sangria? Deep purple wine color, surprisingly not fully opaque; my lip-scar shows through a bit. Deeper and purple compared to Uptown Mauve. DUPE LIST: Full on MAC Rebel & Wet ‘n’ Wild 908 Sugar Plum Fairy Dupe.
Chilled Brandy Frosty Burgundy, like a slightly muted Dr. Pepper can. Medium Color payoff over my Lip-scar. Part Gothic, part Church Lady. I don’t know how to feel about this one.
Black Cherry The name makes me think of Goldfrapp. Deep, dark Black Cherry Color. Almost fully opaque, but seemed to look weirdly patchy particularly over my lip-scar.
Violet Volt Bright as EFF Purple with a purple frost. Nearly opaque color payoff. DUPE LIST- Nearly a dead-on duper for MAC’s Violetta, Violet Volt is bluer, and more opaque. I prefer Violet Volt it to Violetta.