Hi Guys & Dolls!
Today I’m bringing you my second video in this year’s Halloween Series, A Victorian Rose look. I pulled bits of inspiration from romantic goth, traditional Lolita makeup, and mu overall obsession with Downton Abbey. I thought this would be the perfect video to do using only inexpensive brands, so everything from the base to eyeshadow to my brushes are from places like Walgreens, Target, and the drugstore section at Ulta!
I used a few key costume pieces, like the AMAZING striped corset and bustle skirt but I also used a few things from my everyday wardrobe like the black lace blouse I got from asos this summer, and my new Joe Browns tweed jacket I got from Simplybe.com. It made this look a bit more personalized and made it easier for me to get into character.
Thank You to http://hipsandcurves.com for providing me with the key elements this costume! Use my affiliate link and use the coupon code “HC15” for $15 off $100!!! http://shrsl.com/?~4b1w
Makeup & Where to Buy
- Jordana 12 hour Shadow Pencil Continuous Almond and Tenacious Brown (Walgreens)
- NYX Let them Have Cake Palette (Target, Ulta)
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Brulee Eyeshadow (Walgreens, CVS)
- Jordana 12 Hour Eyeliner in Purple Fix (Walgreens)
- Blinc Mascara (My one cheat- Sephora)
- Revlon Perfecting Primer
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Full Coverage Foundation “Fair” (Walgreens, CVS)
- NYX HD Concealer “Fair” (Target, Ulta)
- NYX HD Powder (Target, Ulta)
- Wet ‘n’ WIld Princess Bronzer (Walgreens, CVS)
- NYX Mocha Blush (Target, Ulta)
- NYX Wonder Pencil Light (Target, Ulta)
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Cherry Pickin’ Lipstick (Walgreens, CVS)
Costume & Where to Buy
- Striped Underbust corset http://shrsl.com/?~4b4q
- Victorian Bustle Skirt http://shrsl.com/?~4b4r
- Felt Riding Hat http://shrsl.com/?~4b4t
- Lace Blouse http://www.newlook.com
- Wig http://arda-wigs.com/products/victoria
- Parasol http://tinyurl.com/lkb7z65
- Tweed Coat http://www.simplybe.com/coats+jackets/joe-browns-parisian-jacket/invt/vx107el/
- Shoes-Dolce Vita for Target boots (from about 3 years ago)
- Jewelry- pearls Charming Charlie; Blue Cameo pin/pendant Michaels Crafts; other jewelry are thrift store finds, family heirlooms, and my wedding ring.