Hi Guys & Dolls!
Are you jonesing for the Urban Decay Vice2 Palette, but don’t want to cough up $59 price tag? One of the stand out things about the Vice2 palette are the metallic and pearl finish jewel tones. If you’d like to get your makeup paws on a handful of gorgeous jewel tones for a third of the price, The Sonia Kashuk Jewel of an eye palette might be for you! True, they are not identical, but there are some similar shades, so this works as an alternative, or if you’re a crazy makeup collector, an great addition to your collection!
- $19.00 for 9.6g of product
- Shadows don’t have individual names
- made in USA
- not tested on animals
- Sold at Target- pick it up on your next Target run!
- Comes in a pretty, reusable cardboard box-I’m using my to sort my used false lashes from the new ones!
- 12 pearl/metallic shades
- gorgeous jewel tones
- compact so it’s easy to store and travel with
- Unknown if it’s limited edition.
- The shadows are a bit powdery and delicate, so you’ll need to be careful to not over-blend, & use a stickier base (like concealer, or a NYX jumbo pencil)
- Zero Mattes or highlight shades, so it’s not a stand alone palette.
- only sold at Target (a bummer if you don’t have access in your country)
How I feel about it I don’t want to give the impression that these are not great shadows-it’s just that in comparison to high-end shadows, these fall have a less buttery texture. With that said, with a little effort, these are wonderful, particularly as lid shades with matte eyeshadows you already have blended in all the right places ^_^
Swatched over Milani’s Eyelid Primer
first row, plum pink, medium plum, and deep plum
second row golden green, deep teal, deep navy
third row- copper, red pearl, cranberry
fourth row- brown sugar, deep taupe, brown/black
I’ve done a bit of work on my blog lately, let me know what you think of the new menus and header!