“A well dressed woman, even though her purse is painfully empty, can conquer the world.”
Hi Guys & Dolls!
Here on Hallows Eve-Eve I bring you the fifth and final video in this years Costume series: A Roaring 1920’s Flapper! This video is over a year in the making; I’ve had this dress since September 2013 (thank goodness it’s still available HERE). I just LOVE 1920’s makeup and fashion, and I’m so pleased with how this turned out. I hope you enjoy this fusion of modern and vintage makeup, along with all my little Vintage Cosmetics factoids peppering the video. Keep reading to read how this is the little video that almost wasn’t!
Hi, my name is Cora, and I’m a perfectionist. Blame it on my star sign (Virgo), or my birth order (oldest) or my gender, but I tend to over analyze everything, especially things I care deeply about. I care a lot about my videos in general, but with a video like this it increases tenfold. I want so badly for the video to be perfection, that I start doubting my instincts. First, I needed the perfect hair, and since mine is pink, I needed a wig. I’ve bought 3 wigs for this look! Then, the perfect time to actually do the video! There have been so many false starts with this: Last Halloween, when The Great Gatsby came to theaters, and then when it came to DVD. Finally I decided to do this Halloween Vintage Makeup Series. BEST IDEA EVER! This was supposed to come before Monday’s Rosie the Riveter look but alas- life happens! There was a moment, just yesterday, when I didn’t think it would happen- but I put on my grown-up-girl pants, filmed, edited and uploaded this in less than 13 hours. That’s a record for me in terms of a big-concept video. It meant pulling an all-nighter, but hey, now I can relax- it’s done at it turned out AMAZING!!! Time for a nap!
- Dress halloweencostumes.com (order your size, or a size down, dress comes with hat I was wearing during the tutorial)
- Shoes simplybe.com (these shoes are an UK E width- Never has a heeled shoe fit me so well! normally my foot looks wear, but these fit like they are supposed to. LOVE!
- Pearls Earrings, bracelet, and necklaces are from Charming Charlie
- Sparkly Bracelet Henri Bendel
- Rings From my own vintage collection & my vintage-inspired wedding ring
- Cigarette Holder Costume Shop in Berkeley, Ca
- Purse Vintage
- Wig “Coco” in 1B by Carmen, bought at a local wig shop (has a small skin top, really like this!)
- MAC Pro concealer palette “fair” to cover brow-hairs
- MAC Spiked Brow Pencil
- Milani Shadow Eyez “Almond Cream”
- Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Pencil Liner
- MAC Creamy Bisque eyeshadow
- Makeup Geek Mocha, Latte and Corrupt Eyeshadows
- Makeup Geek Insomnia Pigment
- Palladio Pencil, White out
- Blinc Amplified Mascara, Noir
- Red Cherry Lashes 602(top) and 503(bottom)
- MAC Prep & Prime SPF 50
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation Powder NW15
- NARS Creamy Radiant Concealer, Chantilly
- tarte Amazonian Clay Blush, Blissful
- MAC Prep & Prime Lip
- OCC Lip Tar, Anita