Life, New Hair & OOTD

Life, Hair & OOTD Thumb_FotorHey Guys & Dolls!

First things first; I refreshed my roots! I decided to do a little something different from my normal Pink/Purple/Black; The top portion that is normally hot pink is now sort of a pastel pink/purple and I kept a bigger section of blond in the front. Will I keep it this way? I don’t know, but it is fun to mix it up every now and then!

Secondly,for those who read my previous post about making the switch from a Desktop PC to a Macbook Pro: I LOVE IT! I’m still learning imovie, and haven’t decided to buy Final Cut Pro yet. So far I’m really pleased with how fast and intuitive everything is. Editing is a freaking cakewalk compared to Sony Vegas, and while I still have to google “How do I ______ on a MAC” several times a day, it’s getting easier, and I’m only sorry I didn’t do this sooner!

Lastly but not leastly, I talked a bit earlier this month about suffering from S.A.D. I’m happy to report that we’ve has a few sunny, warm days in the bay area. I feel like a terrible braggart even mentioning it while everyone else is suffering from record lows, but I have to say it’s lifted my spirits immensely, along with the newfound freedom of not being chained to a desk.

Since I’m all happy-pants and the weather is nice, Here’s an OOTD for you! I got this dress over a month ago during a sale at Nordstrom (It figures it’s sold out now) but you can still get it though the brand’s website, City Chic. I’m really liking this Australian plus-size line, and this dress/tunic was something that I just HAD TO HAVE! It’s really flattering and comfortable, and damn it if this thing doesn’t scream SPRING! To all my Aussie sisters who are deep into to summer- GET THIS DRESS! To everyone else-I think this would be worth getting now and saving for spring!

_MG_3603

_MG_3600 _MG_3581

_MG_3595

_MG_3605

Outfit Dress, City Chic; Live-In Leggings, Zella; Shoes, Tieks; Grey Faux Leather Jacket, Simply Be; Earrings, Kate Spade; Necklace, Bauble Bar, Washed Up Billy Hobo Bag Electric Stage Blue, Marc by Marc Jacobs

Makeup Foundation MAC Studio Fix Fluid “NW10”, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural “Light”, Cargo Blu-Ray Blush, Laura Mercier Artist Palette Eyeshadow, Lips: Milani Lip Intense Liquid Lipcolor ” ” & OCC Hootchie Color Pencil. Nails: Tomorrow Never Dies, OPI

By the way Tieks is giving away 14 pairs of shoes until Jan 28! No, they didn’t ask me to promote it, but I’m entering myself so I figured I’d pass it along! http://tieks.com/14nf?ref=2d5d

Vintageortacky.com Logo  Tagline

Cora (vintageortacky)

30 Comments

1. January 16, 2014 / 10:50 pm

I love your hair! LOVE LOVE LOVE! The outfit is cute too 🙂

2. neivys
    January 16, 2014 / 10:54 pm

Kisses from venezuela.

3. Dawn
    January 16, 2014 / 11:24 pm

Holy cat eye glasses!!! ❤️ them!!! Is it any particular designer or collection? And love the new hair 🙂

4. Thais
    January 17, 2014 / 12:47 am

You look beautiful <3

5. January 17, 2014 / 12:47 am

I love your hair!!! Looks so pretty!!! I love your dress too. You are stunning!!!

6. January 17, 2014 / 12:56 am

Hey Cora, how do you stop the other colours from running into the blonde section when you wash your hair? Thanks x

7. Kate
    January 17, 2014 / 1:06 am

I totally love the hair, but what I really want to know is… WHERE DID YOU GET THE GLASSES?! Those are so so so cute and they just look amazing on you! As an old lady (just turned 30) I just realized that I think I need glasses and those are so gorgeous!

8. January 17, 2014 / 3:10 am

Oh man, you can’t know how excited I am to see you in City Chic clothing! I work for them in New Zealand and I really don’t see our clothes on American/ European women and it’s sad because they’re beautiful! You look so awesome and the colours truly are stunning on you! Yay! xo

9. Shelli Lorang
    January 17, 2014 / 3:36 am

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair!! Loving the OOTD too! Looking more beautiful than ever Cora 🙂

10. January 17, 2014 / 5:37 am

I love that hair colour with the blonde, I think it looks great. The glasses with this OOTD are also pretty amazing. 🙂

11. csellars
    January 17, 2014 / 5:42 am

I really like the blond. Nova Scotia, Canada has gotten some really mild days lately as well so don’t feel bad for us…admittedly it came with rain…but we take what we can get in Halifax. PS. maybe I missed it….but where is the belt from?
    C

12. January 17, 2014 / 6:39 am

You’re absolutely gorgeous girl! I cannot get over how fast your hair grows!!! I’m loving the blonde!

13. January 17, 2014 / 8:30 am

Holy balls! LOVE the hair LOVE the outfit!!!! Beautiful!!!! Thank you for such great inspiration!

14. Astrid Cadii
    January 17, 2014 / 9:01 am

I looooooooooooveeee your hairr

15. January 17, 2014 / 10:33 am

I love, love, your hair – it goes with the color of the year – Radiant Orchid, and I also love your top and chain.

16. Kristen
    January 17, 2014 / 12:47 pm

Which Nordstrom did you go to find it? I live in Dublin/Pleasanton, says it’s not available here 🙁

17. Heather
    January 17, 2014 / 3:59 pm

Cora,
    Your hair looks SO GOOD like that! I have been watching a long time on YouTube and this is my favorite look you’ve done. Do you bleach then do foils like when highlighting? I do my own foils because I like to add dimension. I guess what I am asking is how do you do that? I have really blonde hair without the dark part at the ends and I want to add a touch of color, too! Love from MO, Heather

18. Tracy H
    January 17, 2014 / 5:00 pm

Love everything about this…hair, make up, dress, the whole outfit!!! I am heading to try to get the dress now!!! Beautiful!!!

19. lucy cabrera
    January 17, 2014 / 11:14 pm

LOVE your new hair! And love the glasses. Great post, great videos always. Thanks!

20. January 18, 2014 / 2:15 am

Guh! Your hair looks amazing! I’m liking the added blonde to it!

21. January 19, 2014 / 8:37 pm

Wow!!! You look stunning! Love your hair for I am a fan of purples. I also love your dress. Love the print and cut. Great choice indeed!

22. January 19, 2014 / 8:38 pm

Your hair is so gorgeous! Love the color and cut. i also love your dress for it looks classy and comfy too.

23. Jennifer
    January 20, 2014 / 2:33 am

I would love to know where your glasses came from, cause I’m on the hunt for a pair. I think your hair is amazeballs and so is was your YouTube post!

24. Brittany M
    January 21, 2014 / 9:26 am

Love Love Love the hair. The dress is beautiful as well. I’m addicted to your youtube channel and i hate when I’m at school and forget my headphones because i cant watch the vids. But I have been loving reading you blog posts it keeps me up to date since i dont have facebook or instagram. Love you Cora

25. January 22, 2014 / 7:26 pm

I concur…you look fabulous! And I also love the glasses! Please tell where you got them!

26. Melissa
    January 27, 2014 / 5:21 pm

Hi! You didn’t mention who the glasses are from. Would love to know! Thanks.

• Cora (vintageortacky)
      January 30, 2014 / 3:10 am

Karen Kane “Aster” ^_^

27. Alyssa
    June 12, 2014 / 9:13 am

I loooooove your hair!! I always love it, but that pink is just amazing. I so much miss having fun colors in my hair… I wish I could do that with my job. :o(

28. Ina
    August 19, 2014 / 8:29 pm

Oh I love the glasses. Would you please tell me, what fabric it is? Looks like ray ban or vogue?