Milani Color Statement lipstick is maybe the best lipstick at the drugstore. Seriously. Last year I reviewed this new formula and after a lot of testing and let’s be honest, a bit of a lipstick love affair, I can confidently say they are among my favorite lipsticks of all time. I even gave them prime real estate front & center in my lipstick drawer. This latest batch lives up to the hype of the original launch and gives us some amazing new colors to obsess over.
- The Packaging is a shiny mirrored tube with a section at the bottom that shows the color.
- These are scented like a fragrant watermelon. It’s sweet when you sniff it, but not obnoxious or noticeable when worn.
- Other notes: The Lipsticks are $5.49 on the Milani Website and are a bargain at that.
- In addition to the Milani Site they’re also sold at mass market retailers (Target, CVS, Walmart, Walgreens etc) near you!
- The Color Payoff: For the most part these are smooth even, opaque color. Just when you think their lipsticks are already top-notch they improve upon them.
- Texture: Holy Cow! Smooth, slightly hydrating depending on the finish.
- The Price: At just $5.49 a tube, it’s like
- Available at mass retailers so they’re easy to find
- The colors & names are on the bottom of the tube so it’s easy to select a color. I also like the clean and tidy design of the square shape.
- Milani is Cruelty Free and the Lipsticks are made in the USA!
- Ok, so I’m not in love with the shiny gold tubes. They aren’t offensive, but they hold fingerprints.
- Milani and be difficult/impossible to get in other countries.
How I feel about it: AMAZING, maybe the best lipstick at the drugstore. After all this time I can confidently say that Milani Color Statement lipsticks are among my favorite lipsticks of all time. I even gave them prime real estate front & center in my lipstick drawer. Try them if you’ve ever wanted a luxury lipstick but don’t want to fork over $15+
Check these out at a drugstore near you or at milanicosmetics.com
- Sugar Glaze Warm pink loaded with gold shimmer. Very dry texture and only medium coverage, but still really pretty- a good one for layering over one of their creamier lipsticks
- Cabaret Blend Deep wine cream. Excellent color payoff and texture. This is redder than Milani’s Black Cherry lipstick.
- Pink Love Pepto Bismol pink cream. This one looks a little dry, and shows lip lines, not my fave.
- Rose Femme Rosey Brown Cream. Perfect for fans of MAC’s Twig or any muted brown-pink cream lisptick.
- Pretty Natural Soft rose cream. I love this one, it’s pink enough to not be a “natural” but not so pink in competes with colorful makeup.
- Cinnamon Spice Red Brown with gold shimmer. This one almost goes a little orange on me but I can still pull it off. A bit similar to MAC’s “O” Lipstick