Hi Guys & Dolls! So I’m calling this look Silver Bleu even though the colors are really Purple & Silver. The Purples I used are blue-based, so we’ll call them Blurple. Whatever. Sliver Bleu just sounds pretty, and it got stick in my head when I was filming this, so we’re going with it. Does anyone remember when tutorials had cool artsy names instead of “Smoky Blue Look”. I digress… I used a lot of MAC eyeshadows I’ve had for ages, and let me tell you why I love using MAC eyeshadows:
- MAC was the brand that made me fall in love with makeup in the first place. I literally owe my makeup passion to MAC; I worked for the brand, and I just love them.
- I have a lot of experience with them, since I’ve had them so long, and I worked at MAC so I used their eyeshadows all day erry’day on thousands of different faces. I know what to expect from them, and can easily come up with perfect pairings. Even if other brands have come up with better formulas, I know these guys like old friends.
- MAC is accessible internationally; awesome for all my subscribers, not just some. I always feel guilty when I sue things I know everyone can’t get (A reason I refrain from using Limited Edition/ discontinued stuff if I can).
- If you can’t afford, or don’t want to use MAC, there are TONS of MAC dupe lists out there. Seriously, I’m pretty sure they are the most duped, most copied makeup brand.
Now here’s where we need to talk about that last one. I go and say “MAC IS SO DUPEABLE!” and then I go and use Vex eyeshadow. Vex. Oh Vex. Vex is a special snowflake. I’ve never encounted a good dupe for Vex. Here’s the thing- Vex is like the inside of an Abalone shell: Pale grey with a green undertone and a pink frost. Oh. My. Bob. It’s gorgeous, but the effect is really subtle, and over the bright-silver base I used, it’s even more tame than normal. Can you see what I’ve described in these photos? Maybe, maybe not. Meh, just use silver or something, it’ll be ok. It is also worth noting that there is a color in the Wet ‘n’ Wild Comfort Zone Palette that is a Tauple-Silver that some people say is a dupe. It’s not, but it would also be pretty here.
List of Products
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eye Primer
- Urban Decay Tornado 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil
- MAC Contrast, Indian Ink, Beautiful Iris, and Vex Eyeshadows
- Illamasqua Heroine Eyeshadow
- Laura Mercier Vanilla Nut Eyeshadow
- Inglot 83 AMC Gel Liner
- Blinc Mascara Amplified
- Katy Perry For Eyelure Ka-Pow Lashes
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium Ash Brow Wiz
- Milani Liquif’Eye Purple Eyeliner
- CeraVe AM Moisturizer
- Urban Decay Light Naked BB Cream
- Illamasqua 3.5 & White SkinBase
- MAC NW15 Pro Longwear Concealer
- Urban Decay Naked Light Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder
- Illamasqua Heroine Eyeshadow (Contour)
- NYX Mocha Blush
- Hourglass Dim Light and Diffused Light Ambient Light Powder
- Face powder to block out lipcolor
- Urban Decay Naked2 24/7 Lip Pencil
- Milani Luminous Brilliant Shine Lipgloss
**Even thought I gushed about MAC like a giddy schoolgirl with a crush, This video and blog post are not sponsored, just in case you were wondering. I’m just deeply passionate about makeup ^_^.