Hi Guys & Dolls!
I have something to confess- I freaking love chartreuse. Call it neon lime, yellow-green, lemon-lime, call it limeade, just don’t call it late for dinner. I even love the name –Chartreuse– it sounds so exotic and enticing, amiright? That magical color somewhere between yellow and green makes me happy in the way yellow does, but the cooler tone compliments my hair and makes my eye color pop. But it’s not all about me- this color is just so versatile…worn alone it’s a statement unto itself, but it also pairs well with Hot Pink, Blue, Purple, even Orange if you’re so bold. If you’ve never tried it before, you need to get on it!
I’ve done a lot of tutorials with chartreuse over the years, and I’m always drawn to makeup of this color. When I was at Sephora the other day I was browsing the Make Up For Ever counter and I noticed they had new twist up waterproof shadow sticks. While my immediate thought was “Huh, just like the old MAC shade sticks!” the iridescent Chartreuse called to me “Take me home, I’ll be good to you”. And so I took her home with a plan to pair her with the Navy from the Lorac Pro 2 palette, some Sugarpill lashes I’d simply been dying to use, and the rest was makeup magic.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Medium Brown Bow wiz
- Milani Shadow Eyez – Almond Cream
- MUFE Aqua Matic Pencil – http://bit.ly/1oyzqfG
- Too Faced Perfect Navy – http://shrsl.com/?~67xo
- Lorac Pro 2 Navy & Charcoal – http://bit.ly/1pUPENk
- Naked Basics Palette “W.O.S.” shadow http://bit.ly/1nc65S7
- Urban Decay Ink For Eyes http://bit.ly/1rmaGpI
- Sugarpill Imperial Lash – http://shrsl.com/?~67y7
- Sugarpill XOXO Lash – http://shrsl.com/?~67y6
- Too Faced Melted Candy – http://shrsl.com/?~67yp
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Light
- MUFE Full Coverage Concealer
- Hourglass Diffused Heat Blush
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess Matte Bronzer
*** The links above contain affiliate tracking. This post contains my genuine thoughts and professional opinion. ***