Hey Guys & Dolls!
Let’s get real: I suck at doing updos. True story bro. After having shorter hair most of my life it’s just not a skill I’ve acquired. Oh I can rock a blow out. I’m a velcro roller queen, I’m a fan of the super messy topknot. But as for updos? Suck suckity suck suck suck. I’m trying to get into it, and I do love things with a retro vibe (have you seen my channel name?)! This rosette updo is a great alternative to victory rolls! It’s fairly easy to do, and the back is basically a teased messy bun- easy peasy! Notice something(s) different? I filmed this back in September, so that’s why you see my old furniture, and longer pink & black hair. Filming this was a beast- my hair was just not cooperating, and I had a mini meltdown while filming this, probably because I was trying to film 3 videos that day, #ambitious! This was filmed the same day as two previous videos; My hair was in the pinned curls while filming my Grubby to Glam makeup tutorial, and then I brushed it out in between filming that and my what to wear to a wedding video. I’ve linked them below if you wanna see the makeup I have in the second half, and also and alternative when you brush out the curls.
Here’s a list of hair dyes I’ve used and suggest ^_^
- Violet- Blue Purples Special Effects Wildflower, Pravana Violet, That Pink Bottle I have
- Classic Purple Special Effects Deep Purple
- Warm Purple Pimpin’ Purple
- Best Hot Pink (What I used to use for years, works well with pink/neutral fair skin) Special Effects Atomic Pink
- Cool Magenta Pink Special Effects Burgundy Wine (this was the first pink I ever used over 14 years ago!)
- Warm Magenta Red/Pink Special Effects Cherry Bomb, Manic Panic Red Passion,
- Fuchsia Cool Pinks(Better on golden skin)- Special Effects Virgin Rose, Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink.
- Pale Pinks (Great for gloss coats or easy refreshing, or just mix your fave pink in with conditioner or clear gloss) Pravana Pink, Special Effects Cupcake Pink
Live Free & Dye Hard!
Dye Another Day
Hair Dying Checklist
- Clarifying shampoo- I use Pantene, I find the crappier the better.
- Rattail Comb- http://bit.ly/1nlzPQE
- Several Tint Brushes – I use a Separate one for bleach, pink purple and black http://bit.ly/WAaNDB
- Gloves- Buy a huge box of medical gloves or use the reusable kind and wash in between colors. http://www.amazon.com/Liberty-T2010W-Industrial-Glove-Disposable/dp/B00C9P9BTU/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=vintageortack-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=XCD4CADFS2D6ITDE&creativeASIN=B00C9P9BTU
- Non-Porous Mixing bowl- I use one with a comb on the inside to remove excess dye from the tint brush. I also use a vintage rice bowl for the pink and purple dye.
- Measuring cup measuring in OZ increments http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Commercial-FG321000CLR-Bouncer-Measuring/dp/B000JCCW4G/ref=as_sl_pc_ss_til?tag=vintageortack-20&linkCode=w01&linkId=6QH4YLMY4H6AOQKJ&creativeASIN=B000JCCW4G
- Lots of plastic clips- I buy the neon ones at Sally Beauty Supply
- Hand held mirror http://bit.ly/WAbXiq
- Plastic brush http://bit.ly/1wYsKqr
- Old Tees to wear, old towels- or just things you don’t mind ruining.
- Bleach Powder I use Prism Lites Violet to cancel yellow tones, they also have blue and beige toned bleach powder http://www.sallybeauty.com
- With the bleach I use level 20 or 30 Developer.I also use level 10 for the black. http://www.sallybeauty.com/creme-developer/
- Tiny Spatula- Helps to scrape every little bit of my pink mixture out of the bowl so I can save it for later ^_^ (Don’t do this with the bleach or the black- the hair dye will become pressurized and explode out of the container) http://www.amazon.com/Set-of-6-Silicone-Spatulas
- Small jar for holding pink mixture http://reviews.sallybeauty.com
Fun Colors Aka “Vegetable Based Dye”: Special effets, Manic Panic, RAW, Punky Color etc… You’re in luck because my two fave places to buy these colors online has them IN STOCK right now! WHOO HOO!! I’m stocking up too ^_^
What I Used
Purple: Special Effects WildFlower
Red/Pink: Special Effects Cherry Bomb & Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink Amplified
HAIR DYE GALLERIES
Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink
Deep Conditioners- Use to mix a pastel shade and to give your hair a moisture boost after the trauma. http://bit.ly/1pbF3yh
Black Dye- Sometimes I use Neutral, sometimes blue-black, and I’m not picky about it. I used to use Develop+ and I use that when I can remember to pick it up.
Happy Hair Dying!!
On another note- who else loves the Dye Hard/Die Hard play on words? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Discuss in the comments below!
*** The links above contain affiliate tracking. Not a sponsored video. Post contains my genuine thoughts and professional opinion. ***
Hi Guys & Dolls! Today I want to share with you a bolder version of myself- Punk Rock Cleopatra. While this makeup is very bold, it’s quite simple using very few products, many of them from the Drugstore. Enjoy! Read More “Punk Rock Cleopatra Fashion & Makeup”