Welcome to my first ever Get Ready With Me video! As some of you know my bestie is moving this weekend- about 1.5-2 hours away depending on traffic. Le Sadpants! I know it’s still close enough to see her often, but it just sucks ya know? Meanwhile, I’ve been in a rut with videos (more on that below) and Jamie said : “I need to go out and have a good time, and so do you. Film a GRWM video and let’s make this happen.” So I did, and we went out to a couple bars, and listened to some pretty awful karaoke(oh the horrors), and some REALLY GOOD karaoke (Shout out to the guy who sang Peter Gabriel Sledgehammer. That’s not easy and your rocked it dude!).
Let me know what you think of this and I’ll see about making it a regular thing- I like that I can show more of a look than with a standard tutorial and I can just go about my business getting ready. It’s easy to film so it wouldn’t be hard to do on a regular basis.
It sucks that it’s been over a week since my last video! I have a lot of videos I need/want to do this month, and I had it built up in my head that my next video HAD TO BE a crazy awesome tutorial- it would be all or nothing. Which is stupid, because I could have done tons of the other videos I have planned. I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself particularly where tutorials are concerned. But then the pressure got to me, and I was literally unable to make a video happen despite trying to film 3 days in a row! It’s like my makeup, my brain and my hands were not speaking the same language. I find that a lot of freelancers in different fields have trouble with procrastination brought on by a desire for perfection rather than laziness. I mean, those days “I didn’t get anything done” I was still sitting at my makeup desk for 7 hours or more. And then feeling like a huge failure, which made it all so much worse. I need to not worry about ti for a while and maybe try it again next week- AFTER I film these other videos I need/want to do so you guys still have content while I sort this mess out. The really weird thing, is the look isn’t particularly difficult, it’s just the decision making- what products to use, ugh ok I’m done talking about it.
In other news, today I’m filming a HUGE fashion haul from 4 different stores and all but one sell clothes in size 0-4X so that’s exciting! I love that I’m well regarded as a pIus-size blogger, but I love the idea of talking style with everyBODY!! And I say style not fashion because fashion comes and goes, but cultivating a personal style is so much more interesting. I don’t care if you or I wear the hottest trends (that will change in a few months anyway), I’m interested in what people really wear, and I hope that’s why people enjoy my
“Fashion” style posts.
I tend to go nuts buying my spring/summer wardrobe early because I hate when I go to buy these things in June and they’re sold out. I also have a few things that didn’t work out so I’ll be sharing some fit tips etc which I find really helpful in Harper Valley’s Videos. In addition I’ll be doing a spring lookbook I think in two parts. Just a little preview for the next few weeks.
SO that’s it guys, here’s the obligatory list of products used for this GRWM video. You’re darn-tootin’ those are affiliate links. I have no problem disclosing that I make a commission off the sales of these items, so if you end up buying something, thanks dudes & dudettes!
List Of Products
- CeraVe AM SPF30 Moisturizer with Josie Maran Argan Oil (The mini is the best value, it lasts a long time)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills “Medium Ash” Brow Wiz http://bit.ly/RsYBCv
- MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Palette “Light”
- NARS Smudgeproof Pro Primer http://bit.ly/1mhU5AZ
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette http://bit.ly/1h7JQcT “Salted Caramel” “Marzipan” “Cherry Cordial” “White Chocolate” “Gilded Ganache”
- Urban Decay Ink For Eyes http://bit.ly/1eEFYFH
- Urban Decay “Stash” 24/7 Liner
- Illamasqua Skinbase- White & 3.5
- Estee Lauder DoubleWear Maximum “Ivory” (I can’t find this anywhere but Amazon for a crazy expensive price! maybe it is discontinued and that’s why I found it at an outlet store. BOO!)
- Ben Nye Neutral Set Powder
- Milani Brow Gel
- tarte “exposed” Blush
- Sonia Kashuk “Flushed” Blush http://bit.ly/1hPQlGy
- Hourglass Ambient Light Powders “Dim Light” & Diffused Light” http://bit.ly/1eELQ1H
- Urban Decay Anarchy & Jilted Lipstick & Anarchy Lipliner